4 Latest Technologies in Software Development
In previous years, technological trends spanning from artificial intelligence, big data, and machine learning have spawned innovation and pushed the envelope on what innovative yet practical software development can do for virtually any industry player.
While further growth in these areas continues to roll out exponentially, there are a few more significant software development trends 2018 has to offer.
The following software development disruptions will be a huge part of disruptive tech innovations related to software engineering and are worth keeping tabs on.
4 Most Potent Current Software Development Trends & Technologies
The blockchain is a big deal now.
In 2016, the authors of Blockchain Revolution, Don, and Alex Tapscott predicted the secure digital ledger system at the core of blockchain technology could help power more transparent, incorruptible, easily verifiable and automated dealings for all transactions of value.
Blockchain development in 2018 carries huge potential now that other businesses outside the cryptocurrency space are finding new reasons to take advantage of blockchain technology.
The decentralized, transparent and incorruptible (at least so far) ledger system has the power to help provide big data traction, multiple vendor transaction verifications, and smart contracts.
These are some of blockchain development solutions that could power exponential innovations in supply chain management, manufacturing, banking and fintech, peer-to-peer lending and healthcare and securing IoT data.
– A host of Wall Street banks are developing a blockchain development solution of their own to roll out in 2018
– By mid-2018 NYC’s settlement and clearing giant Depository Trust and Clearing Corporation (DTCC) will be moving its $11 million per year transactions through blockchain technology
– A blockchain adoption study shows about 57% of businesses are actively considering using blockchain technology to streamline inefficiencies in various areas including manufacturing, record keeping, securing customer and vendor data, as well as eliminating brokers and intermediaries in-between transactions of whichever nature
– BitKom reported that 26% of companies in its survey considered blockchain technology a major technology trend—more than 11% in 2017
With fast, efficient, secure and scalable blockchain software development solutions in this much demand in the coming months and beyond, blockchain developers that are able to create custom blockchains for business applications will do big business too.
Much as virtual reality (VR) technology currently outdoes augmented reality (AR) technology, industry experts point out that AR solutions are poised to grow exponentially over the next five years to 2022.
According to the Managing Director, Digi Capital, Tim Merel, the AR market could be worth about $120 billion, which is $90 billion more value than forecast for the VR market.
The main reason, as he points out is AR is more practical to business applications than VR, which is highly valued in the gaming industry.
In fact, according to ISACA:
– 62% of U.S consumers expect AR to bring healthcare benefits
– 62% believe AR software development will herald improved shopping experiences
– 64% foresee workplace-related benefits, helping ease work and make processes less cumbersome and susceptible to preventable errors
– 69% are looking forward to enhanced skill-learning benefits
And with Statista forecasting that AR adoption will blast past the 1 billion users mark through 2020, AR software developers are challenged to come up with creative yet practical AR solutions that help bolster marketing, healthcare, manufacturing, education, and so on.
Virtual Reality Development
Right beside AR applications are VR benefits to businesses in different industries.
While VR technology has been principally relegated to applications in the gaming and entertainment industries, VR development companies are releasing new ways to use VR for business.
While technically different from AR in implementation, VR development could herald similar AR benefits in healthcare, construction, interior design, and mining.
VR development, including in gaming and theater entertainment is also set to grow in 2018, picking up from its already exponential adoption from 2016 and 2017.
The concept of the Internet of Things is still eloping in many industries and many organizations around the globe are still not sure how to apply IoT technology to boost business.
Continued IoT development could see integration with blockchain technology to help speed up the big data aspect of IoT.
IoT applications, from connected cars to smart homes and clothing, collect and interact with a huge amount of data that needs to be transferred and stored fast, securely and in a scalable manner in the cloud to enable seamless operations on connected devices.
As more startups and innovative mid-size and large organizations develop various supporting components of IoT such as artificial intelligence, big data, and machine learning, the industry could benefit from, even more, innovative, and solutions-focused IoT software developers in 2018.